Tiger Talk! March 8, 2019
This past Wednesday, the entire school celebrated Mass together for Ash Wednesday. Even the littlest Tiger received ashes. The season of Lent is seen as a somber time in the Church when we prepare for Jesus’s death. In Father Rinaldi’s homily he spoke about why most people give something up for the 40 days of Lent. It is to remind us that our body shouldn’t tell us what to do, God should. Just because our brain/heart/stomach is telling us we “need” that item, doesn’t mean we actually do. As humans, we will always avoid things that bring us pain or displeasure and look for what gives us happiness. We should remember that God’s love for us is the greatest happiness we can find, even when God’s love causes us pain. The greatest sign of love for Catholics is Jesus on the Crucifix. Jesus died for our sins because He knew it was the right thing to do and even though the right thing doesn’t always feel good, it is always the best choice for us.
Congratulations to our February Students of the Month! February’s virtue was “loyal”. Congratulations to the following students: Skyler Garret (PK3), Keeley Ferraro (PK4), Wen Wen Chen (K), Nah’la Queen (1st), Cate Sargent (2nd), Jessica Garcia (3rd), Shane Palmer (4th), Faye Kelleher (5th), Andres Lorenzo (6th), Julian Arters (7th), and Chelsea Lam (8th)! Way to go!
Re-registration Reminder – Please send in re-registration forms as soon as possible. By having these forms, we are better able to budget and plan for next year. Thank you to those who have sent them in already!
8th Grade Spaghetti Dinner – Join us on Friday, March 22nd in the Ballad Room for the 8th Grade Spaghetti Dinner from 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. The cost of the dinner helps to fund the 8th Grade trip to New York City.
Stations of the Cross/Via Crucis –
- Please join us every Friday at 2:00 P.M. for the Stations of the Cross in the Church. The children do a beautiful job reading the Stations.
- If you are unable to join us in the afternoon, consider coming to Via Crucis on Friday at 7:30 P.M. in the Church. It is a wonderful live reenactment of the Stations of the Cross. Many of our students, both current and former, partake in this wonderful tradition.
- On Wednesday, March 13th, is a noon dismissal. There will be NO AFTER CARE.
- On Wednesday, March 27th, all Diocesan Schools will be closed for teacher professional development. Students will have the day off. Please plan accordingly.
Sacrament Save the Dates:
- March 11th – Confirmation Registration for 2019 – Ballad Room – 6:15 P.M.
- Parents and candidates must attend.
- April 7th – 2nd Grade First Communion Practice –Church – 12:00 – 2:00 P.M.
- April 28th – 2nd Grade First Communion Practice –Church – 12:00 – 2:00 P.M.
- May 3rd – Practice Day for First Communion – School – 7:45 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. – MANDATORY
- May 4th – First Communion Celebration – Church – 10:00 A.M.
- Students must report to school at 9:15 A.M.
From Home and School:
- Skate Night at Christiana Skating Center is Wednesday, March 27th from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Come out and join us for a fun night!
Please be sure to follow us on Facebook! If you haven’t followed us yet, look for St. Anthony of Padua Grade School Families, Alumni & Friends.
“Lent comes for us providentially to reawaken us, to shake us from our lethargy.” ~ Pope Francis