St. Anthony of Padua Grade School values our past and embraces our future. We blend our Italian cultural heritage, Franciscan and Salesian spirituality with academic growth and new technology. We provide a safe haven where teachers model responsibility, commitment, and compassion, and there is a genuine respect for all. Our school, parish, and community work together and support each other for mutual growth. St. Anthony of Padua Grade School is dedicated to nurturing the children academically, spiritually, and emotionally, assisting them to lead enriching and fulfilling lives. We are committed to providing a Catholic education to those who desire it.
More About Us
- Pre-school (3,4 years) - Grade Eight
- Faith-Based Curriculum
- Accelerated math classes
- Standardized testing scores above the national average
- Participation in weekly Liturgy, Stations of the Cross, and other devotions
- Foreign Language Pre-school - Grade Eight
- Computers in every classroom
- Fully equipped computer lab utilized by all grades
- We have partnered with FACTs Tuition Management click here to register
- Full-time nurse and full-time counselor
- Daily hot lunch cafeteria service
- Before-care from 6:30 A.M./ After-care to 6:00 P.M.
- Convenient from Delaware suburbs, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania
- Minutes from downtown Wilmington; ample parking
- Daily tours available, including weekends (by appointment)
- Tuition assistance offered
- Web-based applications promote learning at home
"I love being the Principal at St. Anthony's because this school and parish community is a loving, generous, and compassionate family. I consider myself truly blessed every day to work here and believe I am right where God wants me to be. My students are exceptional, my staff is dedicated, and our parents are supportive." - Mrs. Judith White, Principal
"I love working at St. Anthony of Padua Grade School because the administration is so supportive and they strive to meet the needs of all students." - Mrs. Laura Angelo, School Counselor
"I love working here at St. Anthony of Padua Grade School! This is such a loving and wonderful community of teachers, staff, and students! Though I teach the youngest students in the school, we are a faith-filled classroom! We do focus on academics and technology, but my main goal is to inspire my students to be kind and thoughtful!" - Lauren Kunkle, Preschool Teacher
"I enjoy working at St. Anthony of Padua Grade School because St. Anthony's is my second home. Having attended grade school here and now working here, I have made friendships that I cherish and will last forever. St. Anthony's is a unique, loving, and supportive community." - Mrs. Lynn Kee, Administrative Assistant
"It is the one place that has always felt like family and home." - Mrs. Isabella Spitelle, Teacher Assistant
"Each day is different and wonderful. The children keep me young. Prayer is powerful, especially when recited by the children." - Mrs. Mary DeJoseph, Kindergarten Teacher Assistant
"Working at St. Anthony's makes you feel like you're home!" - Mrs. Kate Hoppenjans, Spanish and Computer Teacher
Home & School Board School Calendar 2017-2018 Available for viewing and download. Please click here.
2018 Academic Scholarship recipients:
- Hayden Scully
- Edward Loyola
Congratulations to Ellen Banker and Nathan Thomas, who attended St. Anthony of Padua Grade School and are receiving St. Francis de Sales Awards as high school seniors.