Last Saturday our 8th Grade students made the Sacrament of Confirmation. I am so proud of this 8th grade class. I received so many compliments about their preparation, behavior, reverence, and comradery with our parish PREP class. I even had the pleasure of receiving a complimentary call from Bishop Malooly himself on Tuesday. It truly made my day. I have to admit I was a bit nervous when I was told our Bishop was on the phone for me. It is not every day that you receive a call from his office. I instantly felt like a child getting called to the principal’s office. It meant a lot to me that he would take the time out of his busy day to share a positive experience he had on Saturday with one of our students. It was a beautiful time of year for this sacrament. Snow was falling, and there was an excitement in the air. Our students received the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit: Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, and Fear of the Lord. Bishop Malooly reminded us to be the “Face of Jesus” for others and to spread our joy through our facial expression. God has been good to us, and therefore, we should advertise our faith through our faces. He shared his simple yet very important message to “Smile, Pray, and Serve!” He asked that we all do this every day. He encouraged us to talk to Jesus who is always with us. He reminded us to serve others as Jesus did and to do so with a smile. I will leave you with this thought as we enter the Christmas season. I hope to see all of you in our school gymnasium for our Christmas Program on Friday, December 22nd at 10:00 A.M. This will be a noon dismissal with no aftercare provided.
God Bless our Confirmandi! Blake Patrick Bowers, Luke Francis Burdett, Isabella Margaret Ceresini, Gisella Lucy Diaz, John Antonio DiOssi, Hannah Bernadette Fagioli, Jenna Natalia Giannattasio, Gracie Lucy Hillis, Henry Xavier Kelleher, Samantha Claire Lobozzo, Edward Christopher Loyola, Allen Valentina Martin DelCampo, Joseph Michael Mazalewski, Lauren Marie McLaughlin, Carlita Martina Prado, Cara Philomena Quinlan, Stephen Patrick Reynolds, Madison Lucia Rieger, Leah Teresa Rizzo, Donovan Mark Sarver, Hayden Dominic Scully, Jayden Claire Slattery, and Thomas Pio Vadden.
Congratulations to our Declamation Contestants! Henry Kelleher (8th), Neha George (7th), and Elliana Godlewski (5th) represented us very well in the Knights of Columbus Declamation Contest. We won Third Place for all schools in the contest. Our speakers did an amazing job! I had the pleasure of hearing their speeches prior to the special day. Way to go, students!
Report Cards came home on Wednesday! Please check your child’s book bag. Report cards were sent home on Wednesday in a separate envelope from all other communications. PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN the envelope as confirmation that you did receive the report card. There will be no Honors Assembly this marking period due to our Christmas Program being held on December 22nd and there being no Mass that day.
Christmas Show – Our annual school Christmas show is next Friday. The show starts at 10:00 A.M. and is always extremely well attended. Friday is a DRESS UP DAY for all students. Please be sure to follow the school dress code rules.
- Long pants, no shorts
- Skirts/dress must be appropriate length and must have sleeves or a sweater/jacket to cover shoulders
- No boots, open-toed, or open-backed shoes are allowed.
Congratulations to our graduates who earned Honor Roll for the First Marking Period in their high schools!
- St. Elizabeth High School
- First Honors: Seniors Justin Brooks, Andres Fabris, James Mazalewski, Taylor Oden-Randolph, and Nathan Thomas; Junior Daniel Borowski; Sophomores Sadie Falcone-Testardi and Ben Pfeil.
- Second Honors: Seniors Brett Brooks and Nicholas Willis; Junior Angelina Degnars’ Sophomores Jordan Foy, Alexis Martin DelCampo, and Anastasia Mazalewski; and Freshman Naia Pulliam
- Padua Academy
- High Honors: Junior Andrea Reynolds; Sophomore Robin Land; Freshmen Katherine Collier and Rachel Tomlison
- Honors: Seniors Ellen Banker and Reagan Winter; Junior Samantha DiVirgilio; Sophomores Caroline Achenbach, Reagan Widmaier, and Julia Wood
Save the Date for January 9th for a Pallet Painting Party! – Join our Home and School Board as they host a Crimson Pallets painting party. This will be held in the Ballad Room (cafeteria) at 6:00 P.M. A flyer was sent home on Wednesday. Register now! Space is limited!
Save the date for January 13th from 6:00 -11:00 P.M.! The parish will hold a Beef and Beer to offset the remaining cost of the Mercantini bathroom remodel. This event will be held in the Ballad Room (cafeteria). Tickets are $35.00/person and are available for purchase in the main school office. Food, beer, and wine are included. A cash bar will also be available. This adult (21 and older) event is sponsored by St. Anthony’s Holy Name Society.
- Monday, December 18th – Student Council Meeting – PreSchool – 3:00-3:30 P.M.
- Friday, December 22nd – Christmas Show – Gym – 10:00 A.M.
- NOON DISMISSAL
- NO AFTER CARE
- Saturday, December 23rd – Monday, January 1st – School Closed for Christmas Break
- Tuesday, January 2nd – School reopens
- Thursday, January 4th – Math League – St. Anthony’s
- Sunday, January 7th – Parish Socials- Ballad Room – After the 9:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M. Mass
- Monday, January 8th – Student Council Meeting – PreSchool – 3:00-3:30 P.M.
- Tuesday, January 9th – Pallet Painting – Ballad Room – 6:00 P.M.
- Wednesday, January 10th – Home & School General Meeting – Ballad Room – 6:30 P.M.
- Saturday, January 13th – Beef & Beer benefitting the Mercantini Family – Ballad Room – 6:00 – 11:00 P.M.
I wish everyone a blessed and peaceful Christmas vacation. Thank you as always for sharing with us your most precious gift from God, your child/children. It is our pleasure to smile, pray, and serve them every day!
“Advent is a journey towards Bethlehem. May we let ourselves be drawn by the light of God made man.” Pope Francis