As a school supported by the St. Anthony's Parish, we recognize each student’s individual gifts, and strive to help them reach their fullest potential. A life in Christ, according to the Gospel, is at the heart of all that we do here. United with each other in meaningful liturgy and prayer, the students can further come to an understanding of the Catholic Christian life. At St. Anthony’s, we are attempting to "teach as Jesus did".
The Parish of St. Anthony of Padua began in 1924, under the direction of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales, with the Reverend J. Francis Tucker as the first pastor. One of his early decisions was to give special attention to the education of the children of the parish. Father Tucker sought the assistance of the Franciscan Sisters from Glen Riddle, Pennsylvania, to develop and plan the philosophy and curriculum for the children attending the new school.